Non reciept of passport

Very rarely but occasionally a passport may get delayed or lost in transit from U.S Department of state.
What do you do if you’ve mailed your passport application out to the post office and now it’s a few days before your trip and you don’t know where it is.
If the U.S Department sent out the passport and its missing then you need to complete the DS 86 nonreceipt of passport form to get a new one. At this point you haven’t received your passport and your trip is five days away then what you do is go back to the post office
Another viable option is utilizing a registered passport expediter to complete the process for you.’

Download: DS-86 From