Identifying witness for passport application

This is a very important topic because if you are applying for a new US passport for an adult or a lost passport you need primary identification primary identification is a drivers license that’s valid for more than six months.

If you’re over the age of 16 or 17 you must have a valid drivers license or state ID card valid for more than six months this is the six-month validity rule so with that being said if you do not have a drivers license and you need to apply for a new US passport and when you appear in front of the acceptance aged you must bring in identifying witness who knows you for more than five years preferably a family member who has a drivers license or a valid US passport to fill out a form for the DS-71 it’s only available at the acceptance agent without the identifying witness in your supplemental ID chances of getting your passport can be problematic.